- Why is it important to have a myAppeal account?
- Is my account information secure on CUIAB’s myAppeal portal?
- What web browser(s) works best with the myAppeal portal?
- Can the myAppeal portal be accessed and viewed from mobile devices?
- Do I need a PDF reader to view documents online within the myAppeal portal?
- Can I change my password?
- How can I change my log-in/username if I no longer have access to my registered email?
- How do I file a Board Appeal?
- What is the Action Request Menu?
- How can I update my profile?
- How long do I have access to the myAppeal account and my case information?
- Why do I have more than one case number?
- Can I add documents to my case?
- Can I request a change to my scheduled hearing date and time online?
- How do I listen to my recorded hearing?
- Can I add a representative to my case?
- How do I log out of the myAppeal portal?
- Why was I logged out of the myAppeal portal?
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions about my case?
- What if I need an interpreter?
Why is it important to have a myAppeal account?
It will provide access to various self-service tools, including current case information and documents, the ability to upload and download electronic documents, update contact information, and enable email updates and notifications.
Is my account information secure on CUIAB’s myAppeal portal?
What web browser(s) works best with the myAppeal portal?
The CUIAB myAppeal portal will work best with Google Chrome.
Can the myAppeal portal be accessed and viewed from mobile devices?
Yes, the myAppeal portal can be accessed via a mobile device(s) using the devices web browser.
Do I need a PDF reader to view documents online within the myAppeal portal?
- No, users can view PDF files within their myAppeal portal.
- For a better user experience, users will need to disable pop-up blockers within their web browser setting.
Can I change my password?
Yes, users may change their myAppeal portal password by:
- Selecting Forgot your password? link, located at the bottom of the ‘Sign In’ box.
- Enter registered email, click on Submit.
- A reset email and link will be sent to the registered email inbox.
- Proceed to change password by following the instruction provided after clicking on the emailed link.
How can I change my log-in/username if I no longer have access to my registered email?
To change the registered email address, please contact the CUIAB office assigned to your respective appeal during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm. Please have the following information ready:
- Social Security #
- Case Number(s)
- Current Address
For the latest contact information to each CUIAB’s respective office locations, click on link provided below:
How Do I File a Board Appeal?
To file a Board Appeal online, register or sign into your myAppeal account, then do the following:
- Click on SIGN IN.
- Click into the applicable Case Number on the main Dashboard.
- Click on the Action Request Menu button.
- Select the File Board Appeal option, click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions accordingly.
What is the Action Request Menu?
The Action Request Menu button is available for myAppeal portal users to submit case specific requests, such as reopen an appeal, request an interpreter, or postpone a hearing, etc.
How can I update my profile?
By clicking on the Profile option on the right sidebar panel from the Dashboard screen, users can update their telephone number and communication preference (mail or electronic).
To request other profile changes (i.e. account name, address, language, or email address), users must submit a request using the Action Request Menu or call the Appeal Office assigned to their respective appeal case, which appears on their EDD Acknowledgement Letter.
How long do I have access to the myAppeal account and my case information?
myAppeal portal users will have access to their appeal case information up to 90 days after their case is closed.
Why do I have more than one case number?
myAppeal portal users may have more than one appeal case number, depending on EDD’s determination or reason(s) for denial of their claim for benefits.
Can I add documents to my case?
Yes, myAppeal portal users can add documents, images, audio files, or videos by accessing their myAppeal account and clicking on the following:
- Case Number on Dashboard.
- Selecting the Upload Documents button under Case Documents.
- Documents uploaded will appear within the myAppeal portal after they have been received and reviewed by CUIAB staff.
Can I request a change to my scheduled hearing date and time online?
Yes, myAppeal portal users may request to change their hearing date and/or time online by utilizing the Action Request Menu option.
A CUIAB administrator will review the request and notification will be provided upon approval/denial of the request.
How do I listen to my recorded hearing?
Once an appeal hearing has concluded, the hearing audio file will be available within the myAppeal account. To listen to the hearing audio file:
- Click on the Case Number on the Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the Hearing Recordings box.
- Select the Retrieve Recording Files button to download the recording.
Can I add a representative to my case?
Yes, myAppeal portal users may add a representative to represent them throughout the appeal process by clicking on:
- Case Number on Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the Authorized Representative Information box.
- Select the Add Authorized Rep button.
- Portal users will need the following information for their representative ready:
- E-mail Address
- Phone number
- Current Address
How do I log out of the myAppeal portal?
From any location within the myAppeal portal, users can log out by clicking on the Logout icon located on the left screen panel.
Why was I logged out of the myAppeal portal?
As an extra security measure, users will automatically be logged out of their myAppeal account after 15 minutes of inactivity. If this occurs, users will be required to log back in using their username and password.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions about my case?
The latest case information CUIAB has is displayed on each user myAppeal portal. For further assistance, please contact the CUIAB office assigned to your respective appeal during normal business hours.
For the latest contact information for each of CUIAB’s respective office locations, click on link provided below:
What if I need an interpreter?
myAppeal portal users may request an interpreter by updating their language preference, as follows:
- Click on the Case Number located on Dashboard.
- Select the Action Request Menu.
- Selecting the Profile Update option.
- By submitting a language change to another language other than English, the assigned Appeals Office will be notified of the appellants need for an interpreter accordingly.